Saturday, May 25, 2013

Detwiler on track; bullpen concerns

Photo by USA Today
Ross Detwiler threw a bullpen session on Saturday afternoon at Nationals Park, keeping him on track to return on Tuesday against the Baltimore Orioles. The lefty has been sidelined with a mild oblique strain after aggravating the muscle on May 15 against in Los Angeles against the Dodgers.

Detwiler took the field around 2:45 to stretch, threw some longball, and then went about his bullpen session as if it were any other.

“It was a normal bullpen session. The only difference was I sat down halfway through there for about five minutes to simulate an inning, and then I got back up and threw and everything was good.”

Detwiler feels fine, no soreness or pain to report on. He missed one start, but is ready to slot right back into the rotation.

“Any time you get healthy again it’s definitely going to be a relief. But the thing [is] I kind of went and threw a little harder today than I normally would just so I wouldn’t have any, I wouldn’t hold back anything. I proved to myself that I was healthy and I’m ready to go.”

Read more >>

5 comments:

Manassas Nats' Fan said...

Lets hope for a good effort Tuesday.

SCNatsFan said...

Boy it would be excellent if the amazing Storen reappeared

SonnyG10 said...

yeah, no more spot starts wanted. Go, Det.

peric said...

yeah, no more spot starts wanted. Go, Det.

Indeed, seems like a risky proposition and potentially a huge drop off until Karns followed by the others start getting promoted from Harrisburg.

nats guy said...

Next problem to solve Drew Storen. After his surgery last year he hasn't really been the same. Even last August and September he wasn't very dependable. I don't think he is hurting but batters can't wait to get to the plate against him. Maybe he lost the movement on his pitches. They just can't have him blowing game after game in the late innings. I don't know many blown holds he has, but it sure seems like more than 5.

Post a Comment