Thursday, February 14, 2013

Ramos back behind the plate

Photo by Mark Zuckerman / NATS INSIDER
Wilson Ramos catches his first bullpen session since tearing his right ACL.
VIERA, Fla. -- It might not have looked like much -- 10 minutes spent catching pitches from left-hander Zach Duke -- but for Wilson Ramos, this morning's workout represented a major milestone on the long road back from major knee surgery.

Ramos caught a bullpen session for the first time since he tore the ACL in his right knee last May and emerged with a wide smile following the Nationals' first official workout of the spring.

"I was crazy to start playing again," he said. "Now I put my gear on, and I'm very happy for that. It was great to put it on. Now I feel like I'm on the team again. I'm back."
Read more

16 comments:

NatsLady said...

Good for Ramoooooose!!! Thanks for this, Mark.

NatsNut said...

Speaking of players' glee coming back from injury, I'll never forget this from Nick Johnson when he finally came back from his fractured leg after a year and a half.

Barry Svrluga
Thursday, February 28, 2008

JUPITER, Fla., Feb. 27 -- A good four hours before the Washington Nationals arrived for their first exhibition game Wednesday, Nick Johnson -- freshly showered, gel in his hair, brand-new Under Armour shirt on his back -- all but bounded into the home clubhouse at the club's spring training headquarters in Viera, Fla.


"What's up, Nick?" asked Ryan Zimmerman, the third baseman, knowing what the night to come would mean.

"Nothin'," Johnson said. "Slept in my uniform last night."

Ghost Of Steve M. said...
Nationals PR ‏@NationalsPR

Davey on Wilson Ramos: "He looked great. Grinning from ear to ear." #Nationals

Tcostant said...

I think HRod should be the next test!

Ghost Of Steve M. said...

Huge news! Another prediction, that's your Opening Day starting catcher in the photo above.

Only caveat of course is that Wilson is 100% which I expect him to be.

Section 222 said...

NN, that's priceless. Sure wish things had worked out better for Nick the Stick.

Ghost Of Steve M. said...

NatsLady, I loce the Ram moose call!

Having Ramos back is like signing a Free Agent.

I'm having a hard time controlling my happiness!!!!

UnkyD said...

Brutal injury... Bring it on, Ramoooose!!!

Tcostant said...

I hope Gio is clean, he was tested right after NewsTimes report. I for one hope he was clean, but I'm glad he was tested either way. I've said all along, if he was gonna miss game I'd rather it be sooner rather than later.

http://hardballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/02/14/coincidence-i-think-not/

djinFl. said...

I put a few pictures from today on Twitter
@djbinFl

MicheleS said...

DJ.. I just saw your pics! They look great. I am in twitter jail for the #RyanZimmerman stuff

MicheleS said...

BUFFALO!!!!!

NatsNut said...

michele, twitter jail?

Joe Seamhead said...

WT# is twitter jail?

Scooter said...

Seriously, now we're all dying to know.

SonnyG10 said...

New post.

Gonat said...

I like the prediction SteveM. I also like NatsLady's Ramoooooose call!

Post a Comment