Friday, August 16, 2013

The Baseball Show: Nats fighting for life



On last night's Baseball Show, Mark and the crew discussed what is likely on every Nationals' fans mind: whether they still have a chance to make the playoffs. In order to climb back into the race, the Nats will have to get better against teams with winning records. Mark and Jim Duquette discuss how the Nats can start reversing that fortune this week in Atlanta.


In the second video below, they talk about Jordan Zimmermann and his NL-leading 14 wins. Are 18 wins by the end of the year out of the question?



Mark is in Atlanta tonight and through the weekend so expect coverage from the big series between the Braves and Nationals later this afternoon. Thanks and have a great Friday.

10 comments:

Tcostant said...

Nats fighting for life?

Me: If I was fighting a bear, would that be the "fighting for life" or a forgone conclusion?

It's over, all we can do is end the season on a positive note, but the playoffs are imposable to discuss with being under .500 and only forty something games left.

Holden Baroque said...

I'm not saying, I'm just saying.

To the last man.
To the last minute.

Nats106 said...

Tcostant, First, it depends-is it a Cub or a Grizzly? Second, I respectfully disagree, even though the odds are against me. Realistically, I'm seeing Red(s) because that's our only hope. I won't believe it's over until it is September 9th and we are more than 5 games back. Reds hit the easy part of their schedule at that point for 9 games before they finish 6 of 9 against the Pirates.

If we can make it less than 4 by mid-September, it goes to the last week of the season.

SonnyG10 said...

The team should not give up hope, but I'm not holding my breath.

natsfan1a said...

Go, cat, go!

Anyhoo, nobody needs to fight the bear. They just need to outrun the other guy.

Holden Baroque said...

I'm not saying, I'm just saying.

To the last man.
To the last minute.
August 16, 2013 3:00 PM

natsfan1a said...

Or perhaps a Teddy?

Nats106 said...

Tcostant, First, it depends-is it a Cub or a Grizzly?

Nats106 said...

natsfan1a said...
Or perhaps a Teddy?


Oh man, I missed that one. Good one!

natsfan1a said...

Cub was good, too.

Nats106 said...

Don't Teddy and the Chi Cubs have the same winning percentage this year?

natsfan1a said...

Pretty sure that's true.

Post a Comment