Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Slow going

I can't seem to get into the previous post to update it, so I've got to create a new one. Appropriate hiccup, because I've experienced plenty of them already.

Two accidents, one construction zone and one pothole repair delay later, I'm still a few miles north of Richmond. At this rate, I should get to Viera in time to watch the opening ceremony of the 2014 Winter Games.

While stuck in the latest jam, I witnessed the guy in front of me rear-end the car in front of him because he was looking down at his BlackBerry and not the road. (Note to self: Don't check phone while driving.)

Oh, and then upon pulling into a Popeye's just off I-95, I was informed they were out of tenders and had to settle for nuggets instead. Oh, the humanity.

At least I'm not the only one drawing the short straw today. While driving, I was informed Brian Bruney lost his arbitration case to the Nats. So he'll only make $1.5 million this year instead of $1.8 million. It's a cruel world, I know.

OK, back to the road. Here's hoping the next leg is smoother than the first one.

11 comments:

natsfan1a said...

We think you can...

We think you can...

Choo choo...

MikeHarris said...

That damn Richmond traffic.

Anonymous said...

I'm with ya on those tenders! yummy.

Kevin Rusch said...

Every time I head south on 95, life gets much better after the 295 Richmond bypass starts. Good luck.

Anonymous said...

on the plus side, ya should be going through n.c in time for bbq for dinner!

Mac said...

we just re-signed Villone to a minor league deal. LH relievers are always good to have extra of.

Cartaldo said...

Sounds like a total bummer..I hope you have sirious radio.

And why popeyes? Your in the South you need to be going to Hardees and clogging your arteries with their Monster Thickburger which has I 1300 calories and 95 grams of fat...delicious!

Cartaldo said...

Also if you see a "Back Yards Burger" those places are awesome.

Anonymous said...

Keep chugging along Mr. Mark. The Carolinas aren't far off for ya. To bad you won't be in Savannah on friday, you could go to the Springtime in the South show at Hutchinson Island, where I'll be!! JT in SC

Anonymous said...

As for fast food, while in Savannah, you must stop at a Krystals, mmmmmmmmm gooooood. JT in SC

johninmpls said...

I was at a Popeye's once where they said they were out of chicken. Not tenders, not nuggets, not drumsticks. Out of chicken.

And she was standing in front of what appeared to be a wall of chicken warming under the red lights.

Post a Comment