Monday, June 20, 2011

Video: John Wall's terrible first pitch



John Wall has the ability to do a lot of things with a basketball in his hands. With a baseball? Not so much.

The Wizards point guard threw out the ceremonial first pitch before Friday night's game at Nationals Park, and as you can see, it required a spectacular effort from Drew Storen merely to snag the errant throw.

In case you missed it, here's video of Wall's terrible pitch from CSNwashington.com. Please leave your comments below.

8 comments:

Doc said...

Both Wall and Obama will need to go to extended ST, and then be placed on the Vermount reserve team.

I'd say both are 10-20 years from making it to baseball Bigs!

Frank Hall said...

That’s unbelievable. The only thing worse is Carl Lewis’ attempt.

natsfan1a said...

Juuust a little bit short, but I wouldn't be able to do it either. I think he's a stand-up guy for answering the tough questions after. :-)

NatsJack in Florida said...

Kinda reminded me of Daniel Cabrera.

NatsNut said...

Poor guy.
It would be cute if he's as good a sport about it as Caron Butler was.

http://tinyurl.com/44828s8

SonnyG10 said...

I know how he feels. I've played baseball most of my younger life...pee wee, little league, pony league, American Legeion, UVa, and semipro league. Then I didn't play, or even throw a baseball for 20 years or so. One day my company was having a picnic and they had a softball toss dunk machine and I decided to give it a try. My throws were very much like Wall's and it was embarassing. I had no idea how bad I had become.

Glomp said...

I was just glad Storen didn't bust his elbow on the play.

UnkyD said...

Phew...! I expected to see some Anonsense about Zim and Sasser...

Post a Comment