US Presswire photo
The Nationals have hovered around .500, even with Jayson Werth hitting .223.
1) Ryan Zimmerman would spend nine weeks on the disabled list.
2) Adam LaRoche would hit .172 and be lost for the season with a shoulder injury.
3) Jayson Werth would hit .223 and be on pace to drive in 54 runs.
4) Stephen Strasburg would not have thrown a pitch in the majors (though you already knew that would be the case going in).
5) The Nationals would hit the halfway point of the season with a 40-41 record.
Who amongst you could have imagined facts 1-through-4 would result in fact 5? When you put it this way, it's pretty impossible to believe, isn't it? But there the Nationals are, one game under .500 after 81 wild